Bruschetta is a delicious and versatile snack that can be customized to your liking
It is a popular Italian dish typically made with toasted bread, tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil. In this article, I would like to introduce you to some delicious bruschetta recipes prepared with the superfood microgreens. Microgreens are young vegetables and herbs that are harvested when they are just 1-3 weeks old. These tiny plants are packed with nutrients and flavors, making them perfect for giving your bruschetta that extra kick.
- Slice the baguette into even slices. Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil and garlic. Toast the bread for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top the bread with your desired toppings and serve with your favorite microgreens.
- In a large bowl, mix together tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the tomato mixture onto the toasted bread. Serve with a balsamic glaze, Parmesan, and a handful of arugula microgreens.
Blueberry & Ricotta
- Spread an even layer of ricotta cheese on your toasted bread and top with blueberries.
- Serve with honey and a handful of red cabbage microgreens.
Smashed Peas & Mint
- In a blender, combine ¼ cup frozen peas, a handful of fresh mint leaves, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Spread the paste onto the toasted bread and serve with a handful of kale microgreens.
Roasted Pepper & Mozzarella
- Sauté thin slices of red bell pepper in a pan for 5 minutes on each side.
- Top the toasted bread with thin slices of mozzarella, baby spinach, and the roasted bell peppers. Serve with a handful of arugula or mustard microgreens.
- In a small bowl, mash an avocado and mix it with ½ lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Spread the mixture onto the toasted bread and place thinly sliced avocados on top.
- Serve with feta cheese, honey, and a handful of red cabbage microgreens.