Upgrade Your Lunch Game with This Colorful Vegetarian Wrap Recipe
For the wrap filling, you will need:
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can kidney beans, discard liquid
- 1 can sweetcorn, discard liquid
- 1 can tinned tomatoes, discard liquid
- 1 cup vegetable stock
For the wrap assembly, you will need:
- Large handful of microgreens
- 2-4 Wraps of your choice (I used 100% whole wheat wraps but feel free to use any wrap of your choice)
- ½ – 1 Avocado
- Juice from ½ lime (~1 tablespoon)
Step one: Heat the avocado oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Once warmed, add onions and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic cloves and sauté for 3 more minutes.
Step two: Add carrots and spices to the pan. Stir often to prevent burning. After 5 minutes add peppers and cook for 3 more minutes until softened.
Step three: Add kidney beans, sweet corn, and canned tomatoes to the pan. Let it sit until it comes to a gentle boil (~5 min).
Step four: Decrease the stove temperature to the lowest heat and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
Step five: Assemble wraps with the warm filling, a few avocado slices, a massive handful of microgreens, and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!