The Types and Categories of Personal Information We Collect
- Information you provide to us
Our Site offers various ways for you to contact us, such as through form submissions, email or phone, to inquire about our company and products. For example, when you express an interest in obtaining information about our products or us, when you subscribe to marketing or otherwise contact us, we will receive personal information from you. We may also collect information from you in person at a tradeshow or event. We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as your name, alias, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country) as well as your User ID, password hints and similar security information required for authentication and access to our Site.
- Customer records information, such as your name, email address, shipping and billing address, payment information, subscriptions and un-subscriptions to one or more of our publications, marketing preferences, as well as settings and preferences with our Site, and any other information which constitutes customer records in accordance with applicable law.
- Commercial information, such as feedback you provide about our Site or our products and services (including survey results in which you participate or reviews you submit), as well as orders of our products, purchase history and records of products/services purchased, obtained, or considered by you on the Site.
- Characteristics of protected classifications in certain jurisdictions (e.g. under U.S. federal law), such as demographic information, which may include sex (such as gender and gender identity), age, race and/or ethnicity.
- Professional or employment related information, such as information such as your business contact details in order to provide services at a business level. We may also collect your contact details and information about your professional qualifications, including your curriculum vitae and references, when you apply for a job with us. We collect this information directly from you, or from the job applicant in the case where you have been provided as a reference by a job applicant, by the job applicant.
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information, such as chat messages (including images and other content that you choose to provide) when you contact us, for example if you contact our customer service team for support or assistance.
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information we collect automatically:
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
- Internet or other network activity information, such as your browser type and operating system, web pages viewed, links clicked, IP address, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, information about your interaction with our Site, the referring URL, or the webpage or other source, that led you to our site, access time, device identification numbers and other technical information. We collect this information directly from your device.
- Geolocation data, which includes broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location). We collect this information directly from your device.
- Inferences: this includes information inferred from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
Generally, we collect this information for the purposes of system administration, to gather broad demographic information, and to monitor the level of activity on our Site. We track visitors’ traffic patterns throughout their online sessions, including pages or specific URLs a visitor views while using the Site. We use your information to diagnose problems with our servers and software and to administer our Site.
- Information we collect from or about third parties
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources such as:
- Social media platforms: If you interact with us on a social media platform using your social media account (e.g. Facebook or Twitter), we may receive personal information about you such as your name, email address, and gender. Any personal information that we collect from your social media account depend on your social media account’s privacy settings.
- Authorized resellers, business partners and distribution partners. If you acquire any of our products or services from one of our partners, we may receive information about you from them.
- Trade shows and conference. If the organizers of events that you attend (such as trade shows, conference or exhibitions) either have your consent to share your personal information with us, or are otherwise legally permitted to disclose your information (for example in order to organize a meeting), we may receive personal information about you.
- Marketing partners that work with us on social media and online channels to sponsor events and promotions.
- Subscription service partners in relation to business contact details and business information in order to provide services at a business level.
The types of information we collect from third parties include name, title, mailing address, email and we use the information we receive from these third parties to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you.
If you choose to provide us with a third party’s personal Information (such as name, email, and phone number), you must ensure that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding references or marketing material to a friend, or sending job referrals.
We may also collect your business contact information from your employer or other third parties, which we will use to facilitate or otherwise engage in traditional business activities and similar administrative matters. We may also ask you to provide personal information about third parties to use as references, answer questions about your employment, refer a friend to our products and services, or for other reasons. If you provide personal information about a third party, you expressly represent that you have the full right and authority to provide ingarden with the information.
Certain sections of our Site use social media features, such as the Facebook “like” button, the “Tweet” button and other sharing widgets (“Social Media Features”). You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on a website to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third party social media network in order to share with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network or hosted directly on our website. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media network(s) and you click through to these from our website, the latter may receive information showing that you have visited our website. If you are logged in to your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit to our websites with your social media profile. Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the relevant Social Media Features.
How We Use Your Information
We may use personal information for several business and administrative purposes, or to further our legal or other business interests. Generally, we use personal information for the following reasons:
- Services and transactions. We may use your personal information to deliver products or services to you or carry out transactions you have requested, including, but not limited to, shipping our products to you, providing information on ingarden products or services you have purchased or otherwise use, processing product orders, handling warranty claims, answering customer service requests, and facilitating the use of our Site. Communications with you. We will use your personal information to provide you the services you subscribed to (e.g. our newsletter), provide you with news and updates in relation to the products or services that you purchased, and to interact with you directly.
- Marketing. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may use your personal information to inform you of products or services which we believe may be of interest to you and to otherwise communicate with you about our news, offerings, events, surveys, special offers, and related topics. You may opt-out from our marketing communications sent via e-mail at any time, free of charge by using the “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail marketing materials you receive from us.
- Job Applicants. We use information submitted as part of a job application or inquiry to ingarden for the following purposes: to identify and evaluate job applicants, including assessing skills, qualifications, and interests; to verify your information and completing employment, background, and reference checks, which may be subject to your consent where required by applicable law; to communicate with you about the recruitment process and your application; to comply with our legal, judicial, regulatory, administrative, or other corporate requirements (such as employment eligibility); to analyze and improve our application and recruitment process; to accommodate individuals who may have specialized needs during the employment process; and, to protect the rights, interests, and property of ingarden, other job applicants, employees, or the public, as required, or permitted, by law.
- Enforcement and Protecting our Business. We may use the personal information we collect in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our terms and conditions, violations of law, or other misuse of our Site, products, or facilities. We may use your personal information to administer and protect our business and our Site, including troubleshooting, system maintenance, support, reporting, and hosting of data. We may use your personal information to promote, defend, or protect our legal, regulatory, and business interests.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry. If you contact us in relation to support for a product or service, we will use your personal information to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including investigating, addressing your concerns, monitoring and improving our responses
- Other activities. We may process your personal information for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
How we share information
In the past twelve (12) months, we have shared and share the following categories of personal information (in each case, the categories of personal information are further explained in the section above titled “The Types and Categories of Personal Information We Collect”):
- Customer records information;
- Commercial information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications in certain jurisdictions (e.g. under U.S. federal law);
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Geolocation data; and
We share these categories of personal information for our business purposes in the following ways, or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time of data collection:
- Service Providers, Vendors, Agents and Representatives. We may share your personal information with our vendors, service providers, agents, representatives, resellers, distributors, referral partners and generally companies with whom we have contracted to support our business and provide services on our behalf based on our instructions. Examples of services include hosting our websites, conducting surveys, processing transactions and orders, processing payment information, detecting and preventing fraud, providing customer support, creating marketing content, and assisting us with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, analyzing our Site, and performing analyses to improve the quality of our business, Site, products, and services. We may also disclose your personal information to our designated agents, or third-party service providers, who require such information to assist us with administering our employment application and recruitment process, including, but not limited to, obtaining employment verification and background checks.
- Distributors and Business Partners. We may share your personal information with third parties that distribute our products and other trusted business partners for purposes that include allowing those third parties to send marketing communications to you. Such sharing of personal information for marketing purposes will be performed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Business Restructuring. Circumstances may arise where for strategic or other business reasons ingarden decides to sell, buy, divest, merge, or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. We may disclose the information we maintain about you to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, or sale of all or a portion of ingarden’s assets.
- Disclosure for Other Reasons. We may disclose personal information if required or authorized to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property or, in urgent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of any individual. We may share your personal information with any third party when we believe such disclosure is necessary to defend or protect our legal, regulatory, and business interests. We may also disclose your information upon your express consent.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we process the information that we collect for the purposes listed under the above section titled “How we share information” based on the following legal grounds:
- You have provided your consent to the use of your personal information. For example, we may seek to obtain your consent for our uses of cookies when you visit our Site, or to send you marketing communications.
- We need your personal information to provide you with the products and services you requested, to respond to your inquiries or to perform our contract with you.
- We have a legal obligation to use or disclose your information, for example, if we are responding to a legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
- We (or a third party) have a legitimate interest in using your information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for things like:
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our Site, products and services to meet the needs of you and other users;
- Developing new products and features that are useful for you and our other users;
- Understanding how people use our Site, products and services to ensure and improve the performance of our Site, products and services;
- Customizing our Site, products and services to provide you with a better user experience;
- Marketing to inform existing customers about our Site, products and services;
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security, or technical issues with our Site;
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of our company, our Site, our users, or the public as required or permitted by applicable law;
- Performing research that improves our Site, products or services;
- Fulfilling obligations to our partners like developers and rights holders; and
In addition, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
Your privacy rights
Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the personal information we control about you.
- You can access, correct, update and delete your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or to the extent feasible, request portability of your personal information.
- You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe link in the emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to no longer receive marketing information from us, we may still communicate with you for non-marketing purposes regarding things such as orders that you have placed.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Links to Other Websites
The information that ingardenus.qa.concisesoftware.comllects and processes are stored in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that the information you provide to ingarden will be transferred to the United States, and that the United States may not provide the same level of protection as the laws in your country. Your information will be kept in a database held on servers kept in a physically and technologically secure environment accessed only by authorized personnel or contractors. For transfers from the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your personal information. We use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission and rely on the European Commission’s adequacy decisions in relation to certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers from the EEA to the United States and other countries.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no information system can be fully secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks, and you provide us with any information and data at your own risk. The safety and security of your personal information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a user ID and password to access the Site, you are responsible for keeping those log-on credentials confidential and not revealing them to others. You must contact us immediately if you have to reason to believe that your user ID or password to our Site has been compromised.
No Data Collected from Children
Our Site is not directed at, nor intended for use by, children. As a result, we will not knowingly collect information from children under sixteen (16) years of age with or without consent from their parents or guardians. If you are under the age of sixteen, you are prohibited from using our Site or with providing us with your personal information, unless you can demonstrate affirmative authorization from your parent or legal guardian to do so. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information on our Site, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Cookies and Web Analytics
We use different analytic tools that serve the purpose of measuring, analyzing, and optimizing our marketing and provide you with customized advertisements that could be of particular interest to you. You can find more information about cookies, behavioral advertising, and online privacy at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Along with Facebook’s pixel function, we have also activated the automatic advanced matching. This function allows us to send hashed emails, names, genders, cities, states, postcodes and dates of birth or telephone numbers as additional information to Facebook, provided you have made them available to us. This activation gives us the opportunity, to customise advertising campaigns even better to persons who are interested in our services or products.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
You are permitted, and hereby agree, to only provide personal information to ingarden if such personal information is accurate, reliable, and relevant to our relationship and only to the extent such disclosure will not violate any applicable data protection law, statute, or regulation or infringe upon anyone’s data privacy rights or privileges. If you provide ingarden with any personal information about a third party, you expressly represent that you have the full right and authority to submit the information to ingarden.
You may have certain rights under applicable data protection laws with respect to personal information about you that is collected through the Site or when you contact or otherwise engage with us. To exercise any of these data privacy rights, please contact us, or have your authorized agent contact us, in accordance with the “Contact Us” section listed below. In the event you submit, or your authorized agent submits on your behalf, a data request, you (and your authorized agent) hereby acknowledge and agree, under penalty of perjury, that you are (or the authorized agent of) the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. We will respond to any data requests within the timeframes required by law, and we may charge a fee to facilitate your request, where permitted by law.
Marketing. You have the right to opt-out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us. All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as e-mail messages, will give you the option of not receiving such communications from us in the future. California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with third parties with whom we have reason to believe they would use such information for their own direct marketing purposes.
Additional Notice to California residents. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”), California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. Although we do not sell personal information generally, the CCPA requires us to provide a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” webpage that you can use to contact us and request information on our data practices.
ingarden does not sell your personal information to third parties. However, we do use third party website analytical tools and features, and marketing partners, and such relationships may involve the disclosure of your personal information for “valuable consideration” as set forth in the CCPA. There is not yet a consensus as to whether third party cookies and similar technologies associated with our Site may constitute a sale of information as defined by the CCPA.
As mentioned above, our Site is not directed and should not be used by minors under the age of sixteen (16). Although we do not sell personal information generally, the CCPA requires us to state that ingarden does not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under sixteen (16) years of age without affirmative authorization.
California residents have certain rights, as described in the section above titled “Your privacy rights”, including the right not to be subject to discrimination for asserting privacy rights under the CCPA.
If you make, or an authorized agent on your behalf makes, any request related to your personal information under the CCPA, ingarden will ascertain your identity (and the identity of the authorized agent, to the extent applicable) to the degree of certainty required under the law before addressing your request. Where applicable, ingarden may require you to match at least two or three pieces of personal information we have previously collected from you before granting you access to, or erasing specific pieces, or categories of, personal information, or otherwise responding to your request. We may require written documentation that demonstrates a third party is authorized to serve as your agent for the purposes of submitting the requests set forth herein.
You can exercise your rights yourself or, depending on your country or state, you may be able to designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your personal information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making. For example, this could include sending an e-mail to an account on record, or asking you to identify a recent transaction or communication. We may also request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf, and we may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity to protect your personal information.
While you may also contact ingarden Inc. if you are located in the European Economic Area, you may also contact Christian Saitner on matters related to our processing of personal information in the EEA. You can contact Christian by email at email@example.com.
8 The Green Suite, # 11296
Dover, DE 19901