What is your favorite cocktail? Whatever the time of year, an easy way to spice up your week is to make some delicious cocktails at home. It’s a great way to round off the week and to start the weekend. Recreate that cocktail bar vibe in your very own home with some delicious, easy to make beverages. Soon you'll be asking, why don’t we make cocktails more often? Because we love cocktails and microgreens, we’ve produced a guide to three of our very favorites, and they're flavored with herbs grown in your very own microgarden.
1. Picante de la Casa
Nicknamed Picante for short, one sip of a Picante de la Casa will leave you wanting more because of its sharp, distinctive taste. As the name suggests, this tequila-based cocktail has a fiery aftertaste, and that's because of the red chili garnish.
- Step 1: In a cocktail shaker, muddle together one slice of chili and three sprigs of coriander.
- Step 2: Add two shots of your favorite tequila brand, along with one shot of freshly squeezed lime juice. Plus half a shot of agave syrup.
- Step 3: Shake well with ice, before fine straining into an ice-filled, Old-fashioned glass. Sprinkle microgreens on top. Salud!
2. Gin Basil Smash
Truly irresistible because of its taste and appearance, a Gin Basil Smash is an easy and delicious cocktail to make at home. Distinctive in color and taste, they’re a great addition to a special summer occasion.
- Step 1: In the base of your cocktail shaker, muddle three basil sprigs.
- Step 2: Add two shots of your favorite dry gin, along with one shot of lemon juice. Plus half a shot of sugar cane syrup.
- Step 3: Shake well with ice, and fine strain into an ice-filled Old-fashioned glass. Sprinkle microgreens on top.
- Step 4: Finally, sip and enjoy the rich basil aroma alongside the sharp lemon and crisp gin. Cheers!
3. Strawberry Daiquiri
A surprisingly easy and delicious cocktail to make at home is a Strawberry Daiquiri. A vacation favorite, Strawberry Daiquiris bring that beach bar vibe right into your home.
- Step 1: Muddle seven fresh strawberries into the base of your cocktail shaker.
- Step 2: Add two shots of your favorite rum brand, along with half a shot of lime juice. Plus a quarter shot of sugar cane syrup.
- Step 3: Shake with ice and fine strain into a chilled Coupe glass, and garnish with mint. Arriba!