Try our Savory Microgreen Pancake and take your breakfast game to the next level with this tasty and nutritious pancake!
Welcome to the ingarden kitchen, where we're always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to incorporate fresh and healthy ingredients into our meals! Today, we're excited to share with you our recipe for Savory Microgreen Pancake, a unique and flavorful take on a classic breakfast dish. Packed with nutritious microgreens and bursting with savory flavors, this pancake is a perfect option for anyone looking to mix up their breakfast routine. So let's grab our aprons and get cooking!
This time we've partnered with Shadaé Williams from @measureupvids to bring you this delicious savory microgreen pancake recipe!
1 serving, 15 minutes
for the pancake you will need:
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
for the toppings:
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sweet & savory jam/spread
- 1 seed pad of arugula microgreens or bok choy microgreens
- To a bowl add egg, milk and olive oil and mix together well.
- To a separate bowl add dry ingredients (flour, salt, & brown sugar) and mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients to a bowl of dry ingredients and whisk till smooth.
- Coat the bottom of a heavy skillet with butter or olive oil and pour in batter.
- Be sure to spread out batter for an even layer.
- After 5 minutes, flip pancake.
- Make a mini salad with your desired toppings (arugula, tomatoes, parmesan, red wine vinegar.)
- Once cooked, spread your favorite savory/sweet jam to your pancake.
- Top with the salad, microgreens and a pinch of salt. Enjoy!